The Voice Tracker™ I Array Microphone was designed with two objectives.
The first was to provide coverage throughout a large room for recording or conferencing applications to eliminate the need for multiple microphone/mixer setups, which require expert installation and are expensive. The second was to provide high quality audio for automatic speech recognition without the encumbrance of wearing a head set mic or holding a handheld mic.
Pick up over an entire room is accomplished in two ways. First, sensitivity was increased compared to conventional microphones by constructively adding the output of eight separate always on microphone elements. Second, spatial filtering and background noise reduction are used to eliminate sound from all areas in the room except that space around the active talker, so the increased sensitivity is not corrupted by noise.
As a consequence, the Voice Tracker™ I Array Microphone can pick up talkers at ranges of 30+ feet in meeting/classroom recording or conventional conferencing applications. It can work effectively for command control automatic speech recognition application at the same distances, and full vocabulary ASR at ranges of a few feet.
The Voice Tracker™ I Array Microphone has an analog audio output at mic level, and is powered by a wall power converter so there is no risk of loss of performance as batteries run out. A USB adapter is an available option for use with MACs, and laptops with low performance sound cards.
The Voice Tracker™ I Array Microphone has a built in ceiling mount capability, which removes the clutter of mics on the conference table.
The Voice Tracker™ I Array Microphone can be used in conventional and VoIP conferencing systems that have robust acoustical echo cancellation (AEC). The Voice Tracker™ II Array Microphone was designed for use with VoIP conferencing systems that need the AEC built in to the microphone itself.
Voice Tracker™ I Specifications
- 30+ feet for meeting recording (depends on acoustic characteristics of the room.)
(6ft male/male audio cable included)
- Mic level
- 3.5mm ministereo jack
- Same signal on tip & ring
- 500 ohm output impedance
- Length: 18″
- Height: 2.5″
- Weight: 2.5lbs
(wall-powered converter included)
- 6V DC
- 400 ma
- Center Pin Positive
Voice Tracker™ I Features
- Automatic electronic steering of “listening beam” to talker location
- Selectable steering limits (90 degrees and 180 degrees) for speech recognition and Meeting recording modes
- Selectable LDS™ to reduce annoying interference of additional talkers during speech recognition or feedback during teleconferencing
- Two stage noise reduction (spatial filtering and noise reduction processing)
- 8 element, 18 inch long array for maximum range
- 5 element “in range” light to indicate location of chosen talker and sufficiency of signal
- Microphone tilt capability to facilitate desktop, monitor top, ceiling, or wall mounting
- Weight: 1.5 pounds(excluding wall power supply)
- Power: converter from 120V AC to 6V DC included
Compatible with a variety of operating systems including:
- Microsoft : Windows 3.x, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10
- Apple/Macintosh : Mac OS, Mac OS X
Voice Tracker™ I User Instructions
View Voice Tracker™ Instructions PDF