Many people these days are interested in furthering their education as a way to qualify for the next step on their career ladder or to make a complete career change. Distance learning or online learning has become very popular, and schools use a variety of mediums including teleconferencing to provide course information to students.
Leading Technology In Our High Quality Lecture Recording Microphone
With our scanning unidirectional technology, only a single conferencing microphone is needed, as compared to several microphones that are normally needed for a large room. This enables high quality, complete room coverage more easily and efficiently.
By using a high quality lecture recording microphone like the Voice Tracker to make recordings, universities and schools are able to allow their online listeners to feel as though they are right in the classroom and don’t miss a single word of what is being said by the instructor as well as questions asked by students throughout the room. Our technology effectively eliminates background noise and echo.
Why Students Choose Distance Learning
There are a number of reasons why distance learning (audio and video conferencing) appeals to modern learners, including:
- They do not have to live in close proximity to the school of their choice. Distance learning opens up more educational options for modern learners.
- Distance learners have the flexibility to take classes at any time of day or night that suits their schedule. They are not limited to times that classes are being offered on campus.
- Online programs can often be completed on a part-time basis, which allows adult learners to upgrade their education without having to take time away from work or family responsibilities.
- The course material that online students complete is identical to what students work on in an on-campus program in many cases. They can receive an identical level of education without having to set foot on campus.
- The diploma, degree or certificate issued once the work has been completed is identical to one obtained by a student who attended classes on campus.
Voice Tracker Array Microphones Effectively Record Lectures For Online Students
Online students need the freedom to log into their course website and access materials at a time that they find convenient. Classroom microphones must be powerful enough to pick up the instructor’s speech clearly so that every word can be conveyed clearly to these distance learners.
Acoustic Magic’s Voice Tracker array microphone provides high-quality sound for classroom recordings. It can be used with both conventional and VoIP conferencing systems.
If the off-site student participates in the class through a loudspeaker in the classroom, acoustic echo cancellation (AEC) becomes an important requirement. Acoustic echo occurs when the voice of the far end students from the loudspeakers in the classroom is picked up by the open microphone in the classroom and sent back to the far end students as an echo.
If the Voice Tracker array microphone is connected to a conventional conferencing system that has its own AEC, the Voice Tracker I can be used. If it is connected to a VoIP conferencing system that does not have a robust AEC, the Voice Tracker II should be used because it has a built-in AEC.
The sound quality is clear and reliable, and students will be able to follow the material being presented with ease.
When the quality of distance learning depends on the microphone used to record lectures, there is no better choice than the Voice Tracker!
Call us now to find out more about the Voice Tracker and other recording solutions to help you communicate more clearly with others who are at a distance!